Tuesday, September 27, 2005

First visit to the Obstetrician....



It was 24 February 2005. Shirl and I decided that it was time to visit the O&G. We decided on one at Camden Medical Centre on a recommendation from one of our friends. My My.... did he sure charge us!

Anyway, the doc did what they called a trans-vaginal scan. and the findings were:
CRL in mm = 12.2mm which corresponds to 7.6 weeks gestation.

The EDD (estimated delivery date) was 8/10/2005

Fetal heart pulsations present at 153bpm

When we heard the heart beat, I think many thoughts went through my mind. It was like wow! I am going to be a father. And that it was so amazing.

So that tiny little blob in the scan will soon grow... grow.... grow!!

And oh!! By the way, after the first visit to this doc and a damage of SGD 256 for the first consultation (SGD 50 for vitamins, can you imagine), we never went back though we knew he would do a very good job.

No comments: