Monday, February 02, 2009

The start of Chinese New Year celebrations

23rd January 2009.

Today Nathaniel was asked to wear traditional clothes to school. I had bought 2 sets of clothes when I was last in China. This particular set was actually made for the Beijing Olympics. When asked which one he wanted to wear? He chose the red one. I think he looks good!!!



Nathaniel has begun to talk a lot more. Good and bad. Good that he can communicate his feelings of anger, happiness etc. Bad because he can now talk back!! I now sense that things are just going to get a whole lot more difficult. We had been experiencing a little rebelliousness from Nathaniel now and then. And I believe with the new addition to the family, we have to be rather sensitive to Nathaniel's feelings. I had gone ballistic on a few occasions already, and I really need to check myself. After hearing my grouses, my granny warned me about Nat wanting attention. And he would get that by rebelling and not listening to us, the parents. She had shared that she also experienced that with her own kids. I told her that I am aware. But am I really? Being a parent now, is different from when you are on the outside. So I have to keep telling myself to control my temper and try and look at each situation rationally.

No comments: