Monday, February 09, 2009

Merryn Road Open House

1 February 2009.

It was time for Nat and Nic's great grandma and grandparent's annual open house. This open house is mainly for our relatives on great grandma's side, for grand-dad's friends and in some years, my friends. Also as great grandma is one of the last aunts, this open house was good for our relatives to come by to pay their respects.

This year however, I decided not to have my friends over as I wanted it to be more laid back with a baby in tow. It was still crowded though with many kids. And I must say, the kids are multiplying as the years go by. Nat was having a good time in the garden with some of the kids, kicking and digging the sand.

Food wise, there was the usual satay man barbecuing behind. This time, there was no sole caterer. We had briyani from turf city. And I must say it was good!!! Especially the fish curry! We also had a prata man cooking the prata on the premises. did not get to eat any though!!! It was a slow process as he could only cook one prata at a time. There was also Mum's duck and hee peo soup! All in all, a good spread.

Prata man!


Some of our guests.


Nat in the garden.

No comments: