Monday, May 25, 2009

Thank You Ma!


Eary this month Nat was down with stomach flu and missed school for a week. Then both Ben and Nic were running fevers with no other symptoms. It has been tiring for me caring after the boys but was thankful that my mum dropped by and I managed to catch a nap. When I woke up, Ben asked me to quickly go to the living room and see what my mum was doing.

Nic had been restless and not been able to sleep well. My mum was carrying him and sponging him with water throughout his one hour nap!!! My greatest selfless mum, always putting others before herself. She single handedly brought my sisters and I up, and after we got married and had our own families, she now shuttles between our houses (fortunately we stay near each other) to help look after her grandchildren when needed. In addition, she cared for Mike when he was ill and besides caring for the family, she also makes it a point to shower concern on her own siblings and friends.

We do not usually celebrate Mother's day except maybe for a gathering with a home cooked meal as we find it too commercialized to be going to restaurants to eat. But with or without Mother's Day to remind us about how great Mothers are, I always count my blessings and am thankful that I have such a great and devoted Mother. "Thank You Ma, for everything that you have done for me and the family".

s

No comments: