Saturday, December 01, 2007

YORK

We continued into York after Hepden Bridge. Personally, I loved York. Dunno what it was about that town. Its bigger than the usual small towns. Or maybe it was because of Betty's Tea House.

We finally made it to a tea house. Was looking forward to that. And I was not disappointed. We wanted to pay for the meal, but Ming just refused!!! But we made a deal that we would pay for dinner that night!!!

I simply loved Betty's. I can confidently say that this could count as one of my favourite places to eat in England!!! The pastry, wow! Up till today I can still smell the aromas coming from the signature tea I ordered and Shirley's Earl Grey. In fact, I am trying to re-live that here in Singapore with my Earl Grey!! I did not check whether Betty's was selling their signature teas, if they do, I am sure regretting not buying it home!!

590.JPG

Shirley and I at Betty's

594.JPG

The food at Betty's. Notice the 3 tier??? That was mine! The pastries were just excellent!

588.JPG

So nice. I would have taken more if I was not that full.

593.JPG

Shirley drinking tea, English style!! Check out her pinkie!! So English!

After tea, we went to visit the York Minstry. A huge church. Anglican I believe. Could hardly distinguish it from a catholic church. We had to pay to tour the church.

615.JPG

Inside York Minstry

605.JPG

603.JPG

We then walked around a little more in York when we decided that we should head back to Bacup to meet Zen and little Ethan for dinner. It was a long drive back, but we made it in time for the dinner. Dinner was an Indian meal at a place called Ashoka, if I remember correctly. The food was good and authentic. Of course the company was better!!!

620.JPG

When we went back to Ming and Zen's place, Ming brought out his chinese tea to brew for us! Wow! After a hearty and spicy meal, this was just great! We drank tea as we watched TV! Such great hosts!!

621.JPG

No comments: