Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Our getaway overseas...... SENTOSA ....... continues yet again!

1 August 2008.

Nathaniel skipped school today as he was going to Sentosa with us. After a half hour job by the beach and a quick shower, I made a trip back home to pick him up. He was already dressed to go out. I had told him 2 days ago that he was going to Sentosa on Friday. And he remembered that. Its just amazing how much a child picks up things like that so quickly.

The two of us then made our way back to Amara to pick Shirley. Nat was so excited when we reached the hotel. At this age, I believe it does not take much to really satisfy a child. We then proceeded for the first activity of the day for Nat. The Luge! Knowing how sometimes Nat seems afraid of things, I primed him about the Luge. I told him we were going to the Luge and that the year before, his cousins wore helmets and went on it. I think he remembered because he did not resist wearing the helmet and drive the "small car." I told him that he will have to help Daddy drive the "small car." And I think giving him such an important job like made him want to go on it even more. At one stage of the descent down, I told him that he will have to tell me if he wants Daddy to go faster or slower. When I asked him which one? He told me, "Faster Daddy." So he seemed to enjoy it, though I could not see his face as he was sitting in front of me.

On our way up!!


On our way down!


At the end.


Mummy and Nat at the beach in front of the luge.


We then all took the sentosa bus from the beach station over to the Dolphin Lagoon just for the fun of it. We then took the beach tram to "koufu" where we had a quick snack and drink before we went to check out the primate encounter and the show. We managed to catch an iguana close up. Nat was quite a few steps behind us as we looked at the iguana!

On the bus.


The iguana.


The primate show was quite interesting. It was a monkey show! Nat enjoyed it toward the end when the monkey started to throw hoops.

No comments: