Sunday, October 15, 2006

Reflections of a new mom



19 September 2006. How time flies, it has been a year. In fact, it has been 1 year and 9 months (including the pregnancy period)!
It has been a amazing, exciting, tiring, rewarding, and worrying period.

From his first smile, his first turn (over), his first crawl, his first word and now looking forward to his first walk. Everyday is still a new learning experience for me, so many things to explore and learn for a one year old mother. My responsibilities and priorities have changed. I am really grateful that I have my mum who is helping me look after Nat while Ben and I are at work. Am also thankful to Ben who has been ever so supporting during my pregnancy period and bearing with all my nonsense and demands. And of course, God’s grace to my family. Am really counting my blessings! :)

I guess the following will sum up how I feel and hope as a mother!

1 year ago on a peaceful night
A cute little baby boy pushed his way to this beautiful world with all his might
As the smiling mum held him tight
She whispered to him “I will try my best to raise you right”
And she hopes one day he will tell her “Mum, I have proven you right!”

No comments: